MARICOPA COUNTY HOMEbuyer ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
This program is designed to provide home loan assistance for home purchases in Maricopa County. It is administered by Maricopa County Human Services Department (MCHSD) and provides up to $14,999 in assistance to qualified homebuyers paying for down payment and reasonable closing costs. The HOMEbuyer assistance loans are zero-percent interest, deferred-payment, forgivable after a 5-year term, and are secured with a second lien. The homebuyer must bring 1% of $1,000 minimum of borrower’s own funds. The home must be located in the Maricopa Urban County service area consisting of Unincorporated Maricopa County or within the City/Town limits of the following:
- El Mirage
- Gila Bend
- Litchfield Park
- Queen Creek
How do you qualify for the MCHAP Program?
- Income Qualification – To qualify for a down payment and closing cost assistance loan, Buyer combined household income (gross income) must be at or below 80% Area Median Income (AMI) for a household, as defined by HUD.
- Primary Mortgage Financing- Buyer contacts a licensed lender to pre-qualify for primary financing.
- Buyer Counseling -Complete a HUD approved homebuyer counseling class.
- Financial Need-Demonstrate a financial need for HOMEbuyer assistance.
- Sufficient Income- income to qualify for and support the primary debt.
- Have good credit.
- Contribute a minimum of 1% of the purchase price from the Buyer’s own funds.
- Buyer must not have any interest in any other real estate.
- Must be Buyer primary residence.
- Buyer does not have liquid assets (other than funds to be used in the purchase of the home) exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
Down Payment Assistance: Maricopa County Home Loans
Review and compare other mortgage loan programs available to home buyers looking to purchase a home in Maricopa County.